This fun Smiley Face baby bodysuit will bring smiles and giggles everywhere you and your baby go. Dress your baby to the nines with this 100% cotton one piece. It has three snap leg closure for easy changing, a comfortable envelope neckline, and a beautiful print that's bound to get the baby all happy and giggling. Makes a great gift!
• 100% ring-spun combed cotton
• Heather colors are 52% ring-spun combed cotton and 48% polyester
• Fabric weight: 3.9 oz/y² (132.2 g/m²)
• Side-seamed construction
• Envelope neckline
• Three-snap leg closure
Interesting facts about smiley faces:
• The smiley face made its first appearance in an advertisement for the film “Lili,” that ran in the New York Herald Tribune in 1953
• A decade later, in 1963, a commercial artist named Harvey Ball was hired to design a smiley face to make employees at the State Mutual Life Assurance Company a little happier, according to World Smile Day. In about 10 minutes, Ball drew two dots and a smile into a yellow circle and the smiley face was born. The company produced posters and buttons with the intention of brightening up their employee’s moods, not realizing this motivational image would become a happy staple in popular culture.
• Ball only received $45 for his design, according to The New York Times.
• In 1971, more than 50 million smiley face buttons were sold, according to the Associated Press.
• The U.S. Postal Service created a smiley face stamp in 1999