This Once in a Blue Moon shirt is soft and lightweight, with the right amount of stretch. It's comfortable and flattering for both men and women.
The moon is beautiful.
1,079.4 miles around, to be exact.
We actually aren’t certain how bright.
It has craters.
It moves around the Earth.
If it fell on you, you would die.
These are all true facts about the moon. They are concrete facts that will probably never change in our lifetimes.
But it isn’t blue. That’s pretty obvious.
So what does “Once in a blue moon” even mean? It’s supposed to mean rarely, but if moons never turn blue, shouldn’t it mean never?
Actually, it did happen twice, once in 1883, and another in 1950. Apparently smoke in the area clouded the skies so thickly that the moon appeared blue for several days.
Ok, so we’ve been humiliated by Google again.
But that still means that when someone says something happens “once in a blue moon” they are referring to an event that happened in 1883 or 1950, right? Well, that shortens the list.
In commemoration of this shirt, let’s look at some things that happen once in a blue moon:
- The founding of Life Magazine
- The publishing of The Adventures of Pinocchio by Carlo Collodi
- The Battle of Gia Cuc
- Liquified oxygen
- The world’s first rodeo
- The eruption of Mauna Loa
- Brazil lost the World Cup (Dang, that one is rare)
Well, you get the idea.
For other occasions that don’t normally occur in a blue moon, you can wear this shirt! It’s such a beautiful design that is subtly hilarious. It makes a perfect gift for friends, family, moon lovers... or anyone born in 1883 or 1950, for that matter! They were born once in a blue moon, after all!
• 100% combed and ring-spun cotton (Heather colors contain polyester)
• Ash color is 99% combed and ring-spun cotton, 1% polyester
• Heather colors are 52% combed and ring-spun cotton, 48% polyester
• Athletic and Black Heather are 90% combed and ring-spun cotton, 10% polyester
• Heather Prism colors are 99% combed and ring-spun cotton, 1% polyester
• Fabric weight: 4.2 oz (142 g/m2)
• Pre-shrunk fabric
• Shoulder-to-shoulder taping