This funny shirt is a nostalgic look into the advances in technology and the effects they have on everyday life. It shows a smart phone talking to a rotary phone, and declaring “I’m smarter than you.” This simple design can mean all sorts of different things to all sorts of different people. That’s the beauty of it. The phone is a big part of all of our lives and has made amazing technological advances over the years.
When I was a kid, we had a rotary phone attached to a cord that was attached to a wall. And while I do appreciate many of the capabilities of my smart phone, part of me misses the old, simpler way. I guess that probably makes me old.
I have noticed that some younger people thumb their nose at older people, seeing them as old-fashioned and out of touch. I imagine that if a smart phone happened to run into an old rotary phone, he would be somewhat arrogant. It would be easy for him to compare all his bells and whistles to the simple concept and apparent restrictions of the old phone and quickly conclude that he was way better and smarter.
The differences between these two devises are so vast that it’s amazing they still share the same name. For example, the phone used to have one function - To call people and talk to them over the phone. That was it. Now I rarely use my phone for that. And that is one of my favorite things about smart phones. They have gotten smart enough to know that I don’t really like to do that so it has given me other options, like text, emails, and more.
But still, there a few things I kind of miss about the old rotary phones:
• The ring. Most old rotary phones had pretty much the same ring and it was loud and obnoxious.
• Being able to actually “hang up” for realsies.
• Wrapping the cord around my feet and toes while sitting on the floor by the phone talking.
• Racing my siblings to the phone when it rang.
• Prank calls
In any case, this simple but funny shirt makes a great gift for anyone on your list, young or old, smart or dumb. It’s soft and lightweight, with the right amount of stretch. It's comfortable and flattering for both men and women.
• 100% combed and ring-spun cotton (Heather colors contain polyester)
• Ash color is 99% combed and ring-spun cotton, 1% polyester
• Heather colors are 52% combed and ring-spun cotton, 48% polyester
• Athletic and Black Heather are 90% combed and ring-spun cotton, 10% polyester
• Heather Prism colors are 99% combed and ring-spun cotton, 1% polyester
• Fabric weight: 4.2 oz (142 g/m2)
• Pre-shrunk fabric
• Shoulder-to-shoulder taping
I'm Smarter Than You Funny Unisex T-Shirt
USA: 1 to 2 Weeks